St. Mark's Mission
At St Mark's Church in Marske we seek to glorify God by creating a community where we live with the love of Christ. As we follow Christ we value:
Inclusion: we respect the individual and embrace people of all faiths.
Relevance: we promote Christ as central to our community, our world and ourselves.
Caring: we share Christ's love through welcome, hospitality, service and stewardship.
Relationships: we build nurturing connections with God, each other and the wider community.
Worship: we provide a space for people to celebrate and grow in the healing love and grace of Christ.
St. Mark's Safeguarding Policy
In accordance with the Church of England Safeguarding Policy
St. Mark’s Church is committed to:
Promoting a safer environment and culture.
Safely recruiting and supporting all those with any responsibility related to children, young people and vulnerable adults within the church.
Responding promptly to every safeguarding concern or allegation.
Caring pastorally for victims/survivors of abuse and other affected persons.
Caring pastorally for those who are the subject of concerns or allegations of abuse and other affected persons.
Responding to those that may pose a present risk to others.
For any safeguarding issues please contact C. Anderson
Tel. 01642 479868 or carol12anderson @gmail.com
The White House
Built in 1862 to house a library and meeting rooms for the growing population it outlived its original purpose and by the 1950s was equipped as a village cinema.
The building now serves as the centre of parish and community activities and is available for hire by families, community and commercial organisations.
Mrs D. Broadrick, 10 Grundales Drive, Marske 01642 486720
Marske Parish - a potted history
The original parish of Marske stretched from the West Dyke in Redcar (West Dyke Road) as far as the stream that runs through Saltburn’s Valley Gardens. Redcar became a separate parish in 1867 and Saltburn became an independent parish in 1873.
St. Germain’s Church on the cliff top originally served the people of Marske, Saltburn and Redcar. St. Mark’s Church was built in 1867. St. Germain’s, which had stood empty, disused and derelict since St. Mark's was built, became an unsustainable drain on parish finances and was demolished in the 1950s.